1/23/10

Day 18: 10,555

I didn't want to see poor Ginger go without a walk for another day, so when there was a break in the rain at 9:30 a.m., I grabbed her and headed out. I don't like going for walks that early-- I'm usually still shaking off sleep and I'd taken a sleeping pill the night before, so I was double-groggy, but I just couldn't stand the guilt of watching that little dog drive herself crazy for another day. So we went, it was cold-- low forties, so it was really cold, not just California cold-- but no rain yet. We went about three long blocks before it started to sprinkle and another three and it started to rain, big fat drops plopping down on us. About a block from home, I stepped in a huge puddle, soaking my shoe completely. If this is what it takes, this is what it takes, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment